The International School Psychology Association invites applications for the position of Editor-in-Chief for the International Journal of School & Educational Psychology (IJSEP). Deadline for nominations or applications is July 15th, 2020. Please send materials and inquiries to the ISPA Central Office at email@example.com.
About the Journal
The International School Psychology Association’s (ISPA) official journal, the International Journal of School & Educational Psychology (IJSEP), is in its eight year and continues to grow and expand under the current leadership of Editor-in-Chief Gertina van Schalkwyk. The Editor-in-Chief, Associate Editors, and Editorial Board are individuals from around the world and include prominent scientists, senior practitioners, and a group of student reviewers.
ISPA sees IJSEP as the natural site for the expression of school and educational psychology scholarship from across the world. It seeks to promote the publication of research that can advance the international understanding and development of both theory and practice of school and educational psychology through research from different perspectives, and often that is also carried out through international collaboration. The journal accepts empirical papers that contribute to the knowledge base of teaching, learning, schooling, child development, school psychological services, cross-cultural psychology, applied educational psychology, educational research, assessment, new models of instruction and therapeutic interventions, and other psychology-related international areas. The journal emphasizes the publication of outstanding research articles, but also considers literature reviews, and methodological or theoretical statements relating to any critical international school or education issues. While recognizing that most learning takes place between ages 0 and 21, IJSEP also focuses on adult learning, as well as special education services with individuals of all ages, and learning and schooling across the life-span. Additional information about IJSEP is available at Taylor & Francis Online: www.tandfonline.com/USEP.
Job Duties and Description
The role of the Editor-in-Chief of the International Journal of School & Educational Psychology (IJESP) is to successfully publish articles that represent the interests and mission of ISPA and international school psychology scholarship and practice as a whole. Duties of the Editor-in-Chief include, but may not be limited, to the following:
- Report to the ISPA Executive Committee regarding the operations of the IJSEP.
- Serve for a three-year term, following a six-month period of service as Editor-Elect.
- During the Editor-Elect period, the Editor-Elect shall assist the Editor in performing his oher duties, in preparation for assuming those same duties.
- Select manuscripts to feature in four issues per year of the IJSEP.
- Communicate on behalf of the Journal to the Publisher (Taylor and Francis) in terms of adhering to publication schedules, requirements, and related IJSEP business.
- Collaborate with the Publisher around marketing, most specifically to ensure a healthy amount of submissions. This also includes regular “Calls for Submissions” to appropriate venues (e.g. ISPA World-Go-Round, other appropriate outlets).
- Approve or reject submissions prior to assigning them through the review process to ensure that such submissions meet the basic criteria for the IJSEP (e.g., content is appropriate, page limits are considered, etc.).
- Ensure that any “Calls for Submissions” and/or “Calls for Editorial Board Members” are sent out on a routine basis to appropriate sources.
- Oversee any other approved positions related to the journal, such as appointing Editorial Board Members and Associate Editors.
- The IJSEP receives all manuscript submissions electronically via ScholarOne https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ijsep.
A complete application package should include:
- A curriculum vitae of the candidate
- A statement of interest in the position detailing relevant experience and delineating a vision for continued expansion of the publication
- Please note that financial support is not requested for the three-month period when the incoming Editor serves as Editor-Elect.
- Please send materials to the ISPA Central Office: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The person selected for Editor of IJSEP will become Editor-Elect on September 10th, 2020, and Editor-in-Chief on January 1st, 2021.
Applicants will be reviewed by a panel of reviewers with the selection of an Editor-Elect expected by August 31st, 2020.
Additional information about IJSEP is available online: www.tandfonline.com/USEP.
Direct any questions to Vítor Alexandre Coelho, ISPA President, email@example.com