The Dhahran Ahliyya Schools (DAS) is seeking for an experienced and bilingual (Arabic and English) applicant to fill the position of
Director of Student Support Services (DSSS) in Saudi Arabia. The position needs to be filled in time for the school year beginning in August 2015.
DAS is particularly interested in applicants who have:
- Fluency in the Arabic and English language;
- Senior- or middle-level management experience at the primary or secondary school level;
- Master’s degree or higher in Counseling, Psychology or Special Education;
- Previous experience as a special education Director or similar role is preferred;
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the Arab culture;
- An understanding of cultural differences and experience in leading a multi-cultural institution;
- A proven record of the ability to recruit, guide and motivate teachers and staff members.
Responsibilities of the Director of Student Support Services include supervising and training the school’s counseling team, curriculum development and working with special needs students and teachers.
Dhahran Ahliyya Schools is a dynamic, intensely academic prep school in Saudi Arabia with 1,900 students in grade levels from pre-K through high school.
Employer will assist with relocation costs. The salary and benefits package will be competitive and will depend on the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. All compensation is tax-free, and benefits include fully furnished and air-conditioned housing, medical insurance and annual repatriation.
Click here to see the full job posting, the application procedure and to read more about DAS and life in Saudia Arabia. The deadline for application is March 6, 2015. The review will begin as soon as applications are received. Applications should be sent to: Bridget McNamer and John Doxey. For additional information about Dhahran Ahliyya Schools, please see the school’s website: www.das.sch.sa